COVID-19 – We have read all of the available official guidance and regulations that we feel applies to us, our business, our customers and what we do.
This first document (Dance Mavericks’ Guidance for Private Dance Lessons) relates only to private lessons.
Please see below for further details.
The second document (Dance Mavericks’ Guidance for Group Dance Classes) relates only to group dance classes. ***IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN TAKING PART IN ANY GROUP DANCE CLASS PLEASE EMAIL US YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND NAMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org.***
Please see below for further details.
PRIVATE DANCE LESSONS
We currently have 3 available options as follows:
1. Hourly lessons at one of the halls we currently use. This is charged at £40.00 per hour and this would be scheduled at a particular time. It is probable that we will be teaching at different times to what we have in the past. We are working with one of the halls and they are happy for us to use the hall outside of our normal days at the moment. This means we could possibly offer daytime, evening and weekend sessions, but this would be dependant on us having a block of a few private lessons at a similar time.
2. Hourly lessons at ‘Le Garage’. We have a large double garage with a newly installed dance floor measuring larger than 4m x 4m. It has been trialled and works perfectly. We are able to have both sets of garage doors open and the back door open to create excellent airflow. The brand new lighting in ‘La Garage’ has been delicately chosen to further compliment your dancing. We are able to teach you from at least 2 meters away. This is charged at £35.00 per hour. We can also be fairly flexible on time of lesson. This maybe preferable to those who are still a little nervous of going out at the moment.
3. We will still be offering online dance lessons. We can do this over Zoom, Facebook Messenger or other apps if needed. As these generally feel a little more intense than regular lessons we do these in half hour slots charged at £17.50. Again, we can be fairly flexible on time of lesson. This is also a great option if you’re not one of our local dancers.
GROUP DANCE CLASSES
All of our pre-lockdown classes are currently on hold due to the need to restrict numbers for indoor events. However, we are currently running 6 group dance classes per week as follows:
All the above classes are held at Herstmonceux Village Hall and each class is for a maximum of 12 people (6 separate ‘Dance Pods’).
If you are interested in taking part in any group dance class please email us your email address and names to email@example.com. We will then send you full details of classes, including what level each class will be and the dances we’ll be teaching etc.
Our classes are open to everyone, even those who have never joined us before.
We may be able to add more classes as we go along, but at the moment the plan will be as above.
With reduced numbers we need to ensure any group class remains viable so all ‘Dance Pods’ are sold on a first come first served basis which also needs to be booked in advance. Please note that while we have to continue with reduced numbers, if you fail to show for a class you have booked, you will still be liable for the full class fee. We apologise for this and although it has never been something we have requested before, this is because normally our busier dance classes can offset the quieter classes. With all classes needing to remain small it is important that they remain viable for us to continue. We are also happy to teach single dancers, but any single dancer needs to pay the full price of a ‘Dance Pod’. The cost of a ‘Dance Pod’ for a maximum of 2 people for ALL group classes will be £15.00.
Obviously, we are currently working at a much reduced capacity to what we would normally work. We would very much welcome any support you can give us during this time and also your understanding for any guidelines and regulations we have to adhere to. We always try our best to keep you all happy in your dancing, so please remember we are just wanting to keep you all (and us) as safe as possible so we can return to dancing forever. Gareth & Lisa xx
If you are looking for somewhere to learn, improve, or just enjoy your dancing then we have something for you.
We are both fully qualified dance teachers and have been dancing from a very young age. We have competed at the very highest level and became British Ballroom Dancing Champions and at our peak we were ranked 3rd in the World.
We pride ourselves on making dancing fun and our school is open to anyone who wants to learn. We are successful at teaching all levels of dancer from pure beginner to top level competitor and have the ability to tailor our teaching to suit your needs.
Although we are based in East Sussex, we regularly travel around the United Kingdom running our very popular dancing holidays.
We hope you enjoy using our website and find everything that you need. However, if you do have any questions then please contact us and we will try our best to help.
We regularly update the site, so please come back and visit us again!
Gareth and Lisa
What we offer
- Various weekly group dance classes for all levels of dancer
- Private tuition
- Social dances
- First dances for weddings
- Corporate functions
- Dance medals
- Dancing holidays
- Dance cabarets
- Dance DVDs and Videos
- Dance lectures
- Competition adjudicating
- Dance hosting and organising
Just some of the dances that we teach
- Cha Cha Cha
- Viennese Waltz
- Paso Doble
- Plus all of the popular Sequence and Old Time dances.